(Monday) 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
80 Ascot Avenue, Remuera, Auckland
This new co-production between The Stage Company and Pop-up Globe brings the magic of Shakespeare to life for young people in a specially-commissioned one-hour-long production guaranteed to delight children aged
This new co-production between The Stage Company and Pop-up Globe brings the magic of Shakespeare to life for young people in a specially-commissioned one-hour-long production guaranteed to delight children aged between 5 and 12 years old, and their families.
Featuring a strong cast of top professional actors, arts factory dancers from Auckland Academy of Dance, costume design Erika Farrant & Musical Direction Penny Dodd & Direction Nancy Schroder bring you an interactive world.
Escaping the harsh world of the Athenian court, two pairs of lovers flee to the forest. There they encounter the King and Queen of the fairies, who place spells on them, changing who they love. When the fairies also come across a group of amateur actors, and change one of them into a donkey, madness ensues.
Bring your family to enjoy the delights of Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream, blending song and dance with brilliant costumes and lively action to provide the perfect introduction to Shakespeare for tamariki and their whanau. There’s free face-painting for the children, and barista-made coffee and tea for the parents!
For ten years The Stage Company have delighted children across Auckland with their lively and colourful productions. Now they join forces with Pop-up Globe in a co-production opening up the beautiful Pop-up Globe playhouse specially for children and their families, in a first for both companies.
Notes for children and their families attending The Children’s Midsummer Night’s Dream:
– This special new production is one hour long and takes place on the main stage at the Pop-up Globe playhouse.
– The theatre will open twenty minutes before the show, and there is no interval.
– The atmosphere is relaxed. If you have groundling tickets, you can stand or sit with your family on the carpeted floor.
– Feel free to bring your own cushions!
– Free water is available, and you can come and go during the performance if you need to.
– The house lighting will be kept on during the performance.
Children (12 and under): $10 to $40
Adults: $15 to $40