This is a repeating eventTuesday 8 June 2021 9:00 am
2021Sat05Jun9:00 am4:00 pmBloom EffectPlanting seeds of hope9:00 am - 4:00 pm Point Chevalier Library, 1221 Great North Road, Pt Chev, AucklandType:Art,Environmental,FreeWhere:Central AucklandAges:All Ages
(Saturday) 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Point Chevalier Library
1221 Great North Road, Pt Chev, Auckland
Bloom Effect is a free interactive art installation that invites you to reflect on the ongoing worldwide COVID-19 pandemic. Bloom Effect changes and evolves as you engage with it. We hope
Bloom Effect is a free interactive art installation that invites you to reflect on the ongoing worldwide COVID-19 pandemic. Bloom Effect changes and evolves as you engage with it.
We hope that by experiencing the Bloom Effect you will:
- See that mindful making and creativity can bring great peace and joy.
- See you are not alone in having emotional responses to difficult and uncertain times.
- Get comfort from, and take home, words of positivity and hope.
- Feel joy and hope by planting the free wild flower seeds and watching them grow.
- Notice that by helping wildlife such as bees, butterflies and birds, we also help ourselves.
- See how small changes can bring great results and that positive things can still occur even in times of uncertainty and chaos. Darkness into light – monochrome developing into colourful blooms.
Brought to you by Rohan Sauvage of @threadworks_ltd and Lyn-Marie Harris of @dizziepixiedesigns. Made possible with funding from Albert-Eden Local Board.
Albert-Eden Local BoardThe Albert-Eden Local Board is one Auckland Council's local boards and is names after the two volcanic cones in it's area. The board is responsible for the following Auckland neighbourhoods: Balmoral, Epsom, Greenlane, Kingsland, Morningside, Mt Albert, Mt Eden, Owairaka, Point Chevalier, Sandringham, and Waterview.