(Saturday) 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Te Hihi School
767 Linwood Rd, Karaka, Auckland
Ag Day is an important tradition that has been part of the school calendar for many years and focuses on some of the unique experiences inherent in a country school
Ag Day is an important tradition that has been part of the school calendar for many years and focuses on some of the unique experiences inherent in a country school and the local rural community – all those old fashioned things that parents and grandparents grew up with when they were at school. Come along and experience it for yourself!
Some of the exciting things that will be part of this year’s Ag Day:
• Farm animals – some of the students have raised a lamb, chicken or goat kid and these will be shown and judged from 9.30-11am.
• Lots of entertainment for the kids – from 9.30am we will have a climbing wall and a mega slide, a dunk tank, pony rides, go cart rides, plus games, face painting, lucky dips and more!
• A Young Farmer of the Year competition – open to all kids on the day – you are welcome to take part even if you don’t go to Te Hihi School.
• Things to buy – a cake stall, a Farmers Market with plants and produce, books & puzzles
• Yummy things to eat: Little Oak Café selling scones, cupcakes, home baking, tea, coffee, BBQ selling hot sausages, burgers and lamb kebabs, A smoothie making stall – grab a smoothie that’s been made by riding a bike!
• Special Ag Day projects that the students have been working on will be displayed, alongside their craft creations
Free parking and EFTPOS available too.