Learn how to cook with Nici Wickes
We love Nici Wickes free Facebook videos that teach you how to cook for the kids and your family.
Her Facebook video’s are easy to follow and her casual enthusiastic style is infectious and makes cooking fun again! The videos also include the ingredients and cooking instructions in the post that accompanies each video.
Below are 2 examples of Nici’s cooking videos and you can find more here: Nici Wickes Facebook videos
Thai Chicken Curry
Green Curry Paste
handful of fresh coriander,
1 to 2 green or red chillies,
2 spring onions,
thumb sized piece of ginger,
3 garlic cloves,
2 tbsps each fish sauce,
3 to 4 kaffir lime leaves,
1 tbsps palm or brown sugar,
1 tsp cumin seeds (or 1/2 tsp powder) and some oil.
1/2 can coconut milk or cream, some water, lime/lemon juice, tomatoes, chicken breasts (or pumpkin, fish or potatoes), 1/2 cup ground cashews (optional)
1.Blitz the green curry paste ingredients together
2. Fry the blitzed green curry past for 3 minutes in a pot, add 1/2 can coconut milk or cream, some water and simmer, then taste and adjust seasoning.
3. Add some lime/lemon juice or even tomatoes for acidity.
4. Add 2 chicken breasts (or pumpkin, or fish, or potatoes…) and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Thicken if you want with 1/4 cup ground cashews.
6. Serve with rice and enjoy!
3 tbsps flax seeds
1/3 cup flour of your choice (wheat, spelt, oat, rice…)
1 tsp salt
3 tbsps olive oil
1 cup water (you may not need it all )
1. Preheat the oven to 170 C and line an oven tray or two with baking paper.
2. Blitz seeds/nuts, flax seed in a food processor until partially broken down. Combine with flour and some of the warm water in a bowl and mix to a paste. Add water to get right consistency. Leave for 10 minutes to thicken up.
3. Spread mixture on lined baking tray, cover with another piece of baking paper and roll thinly. Use a knife to trim rough edges and score into squares. This helps them break into nice crackers once baked. Sprinkle with salt.
4. Bake for 45 minutes or until crisp.
5. Leave to cool and store in an airtight container.